2010年1月25日月曜日

Book Review 15

I read a book. The name is ‘Papua New Guinea.’ I know Papua New Guinea, but I didn’t know detail of the country. The book showed me about Papua New Guinea. The country is in the Pacific Ocean, just to the north of Australia. Most of the country is very hilly and covered in thick rainforest. There are many diverse cultural groups. Its population of five million is made up of people from around 1000 different cultural groups who speak more than 800 different languages. When I read this sentence, I was surprised. There are many cultural groups. And they mainly follow traditional lifestyles. Today, there are a number of towns and small cities in Papua New Guinea where people lead Western lifestyles. However, about 80 per cent of population lives in the country, some in very remote areas. In Papua New Guinea, there are over 800 different languages. So people may not understand each other. Tok Pisin is the language that is spoken most often in Papua New Guinea. It is also known as Pidgin. Tok Pisin is a mixture of local languages, English and German. It was first used in the 1930s. It helps people from different tribes to communicate with each other. I am interested in Papua New Guinea to read the book. Their art are very great! They have traditional lifestyle and deep culture. I want to know Papua New Guinea more.(236words)

0 件のコメント: