2009年7月31日金曜日

Book Review 5


I read a book 'Columbus and the New World.' This was written about Columbus's life.
Christopher Columbus was born in Italy, in 1451. At the time, a lot of people n the world thought that the earth was flat. But a lot of educated Europeans realized that the earth was indeed round. It was also of great intrest to a young Columbus. And when he was a young man, he studied geography and decided to go to sea. In 1492, Columbus received enough money for the voyage. He had big hopes for his new sea route from Europe to Asia. He and his group sailed west. And he could see land. The land was called 'the Americas.'
When I was high school student, I learned Colunbus in the history class. I wasn't interested in him. But now I am interested in him. I like his big curiosity and action. Columbus risked his life for New World. I wouldn't be able to risk my life for anything. The voyage always have romance. Someday, I want to travel around the world. Life is often compared to a voyage. There are such proverb;"A journey of a shousand miles begins with a single step." I hope I will achieve something. (206words)(total 7007words)

0 件のコメント: