2010年1月23日土曜日

Book Review 11

I read a book ‘Hot and Cold.’ I learned temperature. Temperature is measured on a scale. There are two scales; Celsius and Fahrenheit. The Celsius scale is named after a man called Ander Celsius. He lived from 1701-1744. On Celsius scale, water freezes at 0 degree and water boils at 100 degree. The Fahrenheit scale is named after a man called Daniel Fahrenheit. He lived from 1686-1736. On the Fahrenheit scale, water freezes at 32 degree and water boils at 212 degree. Some countries use the Celsius scale. And some countries use the Fahrenheit scale. Japan uses the Celsius scale. And I didn’t know what ℃ is. But the book told me ℃ means Celsius. Most parts of the world have hot season and cold season. Some parts of the world are hot all of year. For example, Libya is hot all of the year. Some parts of the world are cold all of the year. I live in Kumamoto. Kumamoto is comparatively worm. But I feel very cold now. So If I visit Antarctica, I will freeze because Antarctica is very cold. If I visit Libya, I will fall down because Libya is very hot. But the frigid climate is one of the attractions of Antarctica. The hot climate is also one of the attractions of Libya.(218words)   

0 件のコメント: