2010年1月18日月曜日

Book Review 7

I read a book. The name is ‘Dams.’ The book showed me four kinds of dams and these features. A dam is structure built across a river or other body of water. Dams are built retain water in reservoir or to hold water back. There are four kinds of dams. They are arch dams, buttress dams, embankment dams and gravity dams. Arch dams are curved. Buttress dams have supports on one side to help make them strong. Embankment dams huge dams made of earth and rock and hold water in a reservoir. Gravity dams are huge and heavy dams. I don’t know the kinds of dams. I thought dams have all same structures. I found dam’s function and structures. And I thought dam’s scale were very big. It is very important to hold water back. Today, Japan has some dam’s problems. The problem’s solutions are very hard. Maybe, the solution has long time. I hope that the problems will be solved through the best ways. The book showed me some pictures of dams. I could know various dams. And I thought dams in the world are bigger than Japan’s them because other countries rivers are very big. Someday, I want to see the dams. (204words)

0 件のコメント: