2010年1月20日水曜日

Book Review 9

I read a book ‘Aspirin.’ I heard the name. But I didn’t know what it is. So I looked up the word in my dictionary for the meaning. And my dictionary told me that aspirin is a medicine. I often take the medicine. The book showed me about aspirin. Aspirin is the most widely used medicine in the world. People take aspirin around the world for over 100 years. When they have a fever, they take aspirin. And aspirin help to stop headaches and other aches and pains. In 500BC, people made tea with willow bark. And they found that it helped to stop pain. In 1828, Johann Buchner used salicin as a medicine. In 1853, Charles Gerhardt added some other chemicals help to stop stomach pains to the salicin. In 1883, Felix Hoffman used Gerhardt’s notes to make medicine. And the medicine worked. In 1898, the factory began to make it. And they sold it as a powder. In 1915, aspirin powder was made into a tablet. Today, one billion aspirin tablets are taken each week all over the world. As well as for pain and fevers, aspirin is now used for other things, such as heart problems and some cancers. It is no wonder aspirin has been called a wonder drug. I was surprised aspirin’s material. It is willow bark. I found plants have various powers. And people made aspirin are very great. There are many and various medicines now. I must choice best medicine for my symptom. I am glad to progress medical science and pharmacy. So we can live a long life. I hope to be invented a medicine win cancers. (275words)

0 件のコメント: